Why the Heat? The heat warms your muscles so they can flex safely and easily. Heat also heals and helps prevent injuries. Humidity promotes sweating, which cools your body and flushes toxins. Be prepared to sweat. Enjoy it!
Benefits of Hot Yoga:
- Detoxifies the body
- Increases circulation
- Strengthens cardiovascular system
- Improves skin appearance
- Strengthens immune system
- Reduces pain and cellulite
How is the Ruby Studio Heated? With infrared Radiant Heat. Radiant heat warms you up from the inside out like the sun heats the earth. It is more efficient than traditional heating systems that blow air. Radiant heat is natural, silent, draft-less and odorless.
How hot is the Ruby Studio? 95 degrees. With the exception of Hot 26 (bikram inspired yoga) at 105 degrees.
How much does it cost? NEW students only: 2 weeks unlimited pass for $20.00 Buy Here
MEMBERS: FIT Pass
- Drop in: $10/class
- 10 class pass: $60
- 20 class pass: $100
- Unlimited Class Pass: includes Hot Yoga, TRX, GRIT, Rip 30 & Pre/Postnatal classes for $18/month (please contact Members Services with questions or call 831.6500.)
NON-MEMBERS: Non-member FIT Pass
- Drop-in: $20/Class
- 10 class pass: $180
- Unlimited Class Pass: please contact Member Services
Why is there an extra fee for hot yoga? Harbor invested in a new infrared radiant heating system and dedicated an entire studio to Hot Yoga. The heating system is more complex and costly than simply turning up the thermostat or plugging in space heaters. The radiant heat is also much more beneficial. Instructor training and fees are higher as well. As Harbor constantly upgrades and brings members new programs extra cost are incurred.
I’m a new to hot yoga. What class should I attend first?
- We recommend Intro to Yoga Fundamentals which is offered monthly or private instruction for new students. Arrive early and check in to let your instructor know you are new.
- What should I bring to class/wear?
- Bring a mat, water bottle and towel or rent/buy one of ours.
- Wear fitted exercise clothes, ideally that wick away moisture.
- What if I get dizzy?
- BREATHE. Stay calm, it is a normal reaction for beginners. To avoid lightheadedness, drink plenty of water prior to class.
Interested in private yoga? Contact Courtney